Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Crystal Mitchell Blog Post 2




 











The Store that I went to was American Eagle Outfitters in the Seminole Town Center Mall. I was actually on my way to take a picture of H&M, but when I passed this window display it caught my attention. I never shop here nor do I pay attention to the store. The colors stood out to me and the sign that said "Remix Your Style" got my attention. American Eagle applied "Unity" to their display because all of the colors, theme, and the background pictures made a balanced and a complete look. Harmony was used by the careful hand pick pictures that were used to show different styles or "remixes" of different styles and outfits. Balance was good because nothing was over done or over the top. Every aspect was evenly balanced. I was able to see everything clearly. Repetition was good. As I looked over the window displays I got the message that different styles were remixed over and over again. The rhythm was the same as well. Emphasis to me wasn't on one particular outfit. All of the outfits displayed in the window display were evenly emphasized. Contrast was beautiful. I loved the different color patterns and color contrast. The light colors with the dark colors. Also were patterns mixed in their as well. Surprise to me was the fact that this store caught my eye and made me stop. I NEVER even notice this store. There was no particular item or outfit that stood out or surprised me. What surprised me was the store itself. The store always was boring to me and dull and easy to walk pass without even noticing it. To see it alive and full of colors made me almost want to go in the store. It made me notice it and stop. Which is what a window display is supposed to do. It's suppose to spark an interest or curiosity enough so that a person would come inside the store. American Eagle Outfitters did an awesome display.











No comments:

Post a Comment