Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Sancie's Blog Post 2 (Principles of Design)

As I was walking thru the mall, I had no idea as to what store's window display I wanted to capture in order to complete my homework. So I decided to just walk until something caught my eye. The window display that I decided to use was the one from Caché. The reason why I chose this one was because I felt as though it was simple, yet it displayed all the principles of design.

In my opinion, the window display as a whole and the way the merchandise was presented was in unity. The colors used were complimenting to each other, that is how harmony plays a role. On each side of the windows, the merchandises used for display were equally balanced on both sides, thus creating a unified presentation, also known as formal balance. The merchandiser achieved repetition by the colors that were used, which created rhythm. Emphasis was used to show the contrasting colors and how well they completed each other. To show contrast the lighter colored merchandises are being displayed along with the darker items. I don't think the final principle, surprise was demonstrated in this particular window display.





No comments:

Post a Comment