Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Carilyn-Blog Post 2- Principles of Design

The store I chose is the Michael Kors at the Premium Outlets.

Unity- all the apparel and Accesories such as handbags and shoes maintain a balanced, harmonious look, making a complete look.

Harmony- the layout, the chose of color combinations, are aligned with the stores brand image. It is minimalist, elegant, and unity.

Balance- the visual maintains certain symmetry being that the apparel is of same length and concept. The handbags and shoes are placed in two different columns but the size of the handbags are equal on both columns.

Repetition- the visual has repetition in the recurring design of the apparel and handbags. The colors are in the same color intensity. The shape is sends a repetitive message of dignity, strength, and height. Therefore the visuals message is reinforced.

Rhythm- the repetition plays along with creating a visual movement to take the eye to move from one item to the other.

Emphasis- the emphasis is seen with the lighting, repetition, and placement.

Contrast- I do not see significant contrast on this visual other than the dark items placed next to darker color items.

Surprise- this window does not have any element of surprise to my opinion. The only reason I chose this window is because Kors in one of my favorite brands and I am always drawn to it. I like crisp, elegant, minimalist, looks, therefore, I was attracted.


No comments:

Post a Comment