Monday, May 20, 2013

Megan Blog Post 9

This week I examined 3 window display's lighting. Michael Kors, Tumi, and Hugo Boss were the 3 stores that I chose to talk about. All three displays had the lights positioned on the ceiling and were very well lit, I could tell that they had factored in the natural lighting when creating the lighting displays. 

Michael Kors had hanging track lighting, they had 3 sets of tracks and were positioned on the merchandise in the window as well as the mannequins in the corner of the window. None of the lights were shining in my eyes they were all positioned very well, the bulbs were clean and not spotty. I think that these displays were enhanced by the lighting through the highlighting of the merchandise.
Tumi's lighting was also positioned on the ceiling and they had two sets of track lighting that were positioned on the suitcases. The lights did a wonderful job of bringing out the colors of the luggage. the lights did not shine in my eyes and they were positioned very well on the merchandise, the bulbs were very clean and shined brightly. 
Hugo Boss also had the lighting in the ceiling but they had can lighting. The lights were positioned on the display in a way that made your eyes travel around the whole thing . The lights were not positioned in my eyes but they had some metallic pieces that the lights did reflect off of and they shined in my eyes which was unpleasant. The bulbs were clean and the lighting did enhance the display by making it stand out even more than it already did.  


  

No comments:

Post a Comment