Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Blog #2

The piece I chose is a window display from The Limited located in the Florida Mall, Orlando. I chose this one because it caught my eye in several ways as I passed by. First, it caught my attention because it was proportional. Scale is very important to the overall aesthetic of a visual display. Second, the white border adds emphasis as it acts as a frame for the window display. This narrows in the customer’s gaze to focus on the highlighted items. It also conveys a certain amount of tension with the square border pushed forward and above the contents of the window to appear as if it is floating. Lastly, the display demonstrates color harmony by continuing a color palette in the mannequin’s and model's clothes with a combination of neutrals and brights. 

No comments:

Post a Comment